Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Brazilian Blowout

So, late last year the Brazilian Blowout craze happened. And I, being at the top of trying any kind of new beauty product jumped on the "supposedly formadahyde free" band wagon and dropped some serious cash on one. My salon used the "official" Brazilian Blowout products and was "certified" through the company. And I gotta say... my hair looked AWESOME.

  
worth every penny... pic is post leaving salon!




The product lasted in my hair til about May (so a good 6 months) and even now i feel like the texture of my hair is somewhat less wavy. I know what you're thinking... this girl is ASIAN. isn't her hair already STICK STRAIGHT? well my friends, the answer is sadly no. the other benefit that i really liked about the BB was that it cut down on my blow drying time 10 fold. Like, i timed it. 6 minutes. AND i used ONLY my fingers... no brushes, no straight irons, no paddle brushes, no large round metal brushes to blow that shit out. FINGERS. Le sigh. it was heaven.

So... as its now July and my BB is loooong gone... and my wallet is looking pretty empty these days... i was in target the other day and happened to stumble across this:

via
 Here's what Amazon has to say about it:

Beauty Pure and Simple
Organic Cocoa Nut Oil & Avocado Extract
An exclusive blend of antioxidant rich cocoa nut oil along with lush keratin proteins to strengthen and soften the hair, while organic avocado oil and cocoa butter smooth the cuticle for straight, strong tresses, adding a brilliant glow and luminescent shine.
An exclusive, high potency, keratin complex with reduces up to 95% of frizz and curl by penetrating the cuticle with keratin proteins.
Why We Love It...
You can change your hair texture! This fool proof, easy to use, revolutionary system of products eliminates 95 percent of frizz and curl for 30 glorious days.
Why You Want It...
Rich Brazilian cocoa nut oils add brilliant shine, while the finest keratin proteins fill in broken hair cuticles creating strong, lustrous strands.
What's In It For You...
An exclusive blend of antioxidant rich organic cocoa nut and avocado oils along with nourishing cocoa butter combined with rich keratin proteins use heat to infuse into tresses and lock hair into smooth, straight, shiny, healthy looking strands. Eliminates 95 percent of frizz and curl and cuts blow-drying time by 75 percent. Organix® Brazilian Keratin Therapy's system is recommended for all hair types including highlighted, color treated, chemically relaxed, wavy, curly and damaged.

And here are the directions for use:

Summary: apply in sections to damp hair, let sit for 30 minutes, blow dry with solution in hair, set flat iron to 450 degrees, iron hair in sections going over each section about 7 passes. Leave in hair 48 hours. Do not tuck behind ears, use ponytail holder or do anything that might leave a kink or dent in hair. Do not get hair wet. 

I know you're all wondering if i'm going to subject myself to being the guinea pig of this beauty experiment... but for now after reading some very mixed reviews online, i'm leaning towards no. Granted, i did LOVE my BB when i had it, but when i got mine, i didn't have to wait 48 hours to wash it, and i was able to pull it back right away. The not washing and not pulling back sound a lot more like a keratin treatment which i guess this is moreso than the Brazilian... but i would love to know what you ladies think of this product! Is it something you would try? Something you would want to try? Does the thought of formadehyde in your hair products scare you?

2 comments:

  1. hmm...I'm half tempted to try, but all that work to do yourself for it to only last 30 days...eh..
    but maybe depending on how much it costs, I may just try it out and see how it works..cuz I've been wanting, badly, to do the BB, but paying that much money just doesn't work into my monthly spendings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really researched it, but a girl's blog I follow reviewed it and she really liked it. I was thinking about checking it out, so if you do try it let us know! I might hit up Ulta soon to get the lowdown. Your hair looks great after the BB!

    ReplyDelete