Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ready, Set, GO!

With too much to do (moving, wedding planning, dad's surprise birthday, dog training, getting my fat ass to the gym, working, sleeping, sipping skinny girl marg... oops! hehe...) and not enough hours in the day to do all of it... life has become a whirlwind obstacle course clusterfuck.

So i thought i'd take a minute to TRY to get a little organized and unjumble my life. And who better to listen to me complain organize everything but you guys!

OK... first up.
  • The move... official moveout date from the townhouse is Aug 23rd. So that means i have ONE month to.... sell my dining room set, end tables, lamps, and possibly dressers on Craigslist. I also have to finish going thru the crap in the basement that i hauled down there last year only to not touch for the next 9 months but still ABSOLUTELY need. I have to pack away all my kitchen stuff that i never use because i'm never home (dishes, cups, pots & pans) and finish packing my bedroom (clothes, make up, dog stuff, more clothes). I have to figure out what i'm doing with the couch (giving to the rents, bringing it with me?) and i have to rent a U-haul and figure out a move out date.
Next order of business...
  • The wedding... first and foremost - find a minister. this is sort of like looking for a needle in a haystack because a) im catholic, yet cant be married in the catholic church (long story) and b) our date is 8 weeks from now (ack!). Once i find and book a minister, i have to book the venue (thank goodness we already know where we want it) find a photographer (if you know of anyone, send them my way!) and find a dress (pink pink pink!). Oh and we need to design our wedding bands, G needs a new suit and we need a wedding song! 
 Here's a question for ya's.. we're having a small intimate dinner... so no real music or dancing... should we still have a "first dance"? If we decide not to actually "dance" should we still have a song that is ours? what are your thoughts on that?

And finally...
  •  Dad's 70th Surprise BDay... Falls right smack in the middle of August... i have to decide on decorations, get the wine bottles for the favors (2 buck chuck from trader joes), make the labels, figure out where i'm getting balloons (hello dollar store!), make collage of photos of dad over the years.
That's not too much right?? I can get this all done, plus work my full time job, freelance business and keep hitting the gym... by the time this is all done i'll definitely be ready for the honeymoon. Oh wait, i have to figure that out too! Though by that time, i might be calling it the exhausted moon! hahaha.













PS. Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post... but i got nothin peeps. Your lucky your even getting a post. so deal with it. hahaha... i kid i kid... 

PPS. just got off the phone with the 7th church... think im going to hand this task over to G to start helping out and making some phone calls! Good call right?

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo. Good luck with this all girl! It will help to be done with the moving, that's just more stress on top of planning a wedding.

    But speaking of wedding. Are you getting married in a church, just not a catholic church? Or at the venue? Because the venue might have a minister if they do a lot of weddings, or they might have suggestions.

    As far as the dancing. If the venue has a dance floor in the space you’re renting, I’d say go for it. And with wedding songs: Whip My Hair by Willow Smith?!?!

    No? ;) How about: You & Me by Dave Matthews Band, Make You Feel My Love by Adele. Everything by Michael Buble, The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson, Lovesong by Adele, Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You by Lady Antebellum, I Believe in You (acoustic) by Tyler Hilton, You and Me by Lifehouse, or Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk are some suggestions.

    And surprise birthday party planning? You are crazy girl with all your commitments. I don't know if you really need to worry about the gym, I think the moving should count for something? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! You are one busy lady! I don't have much advice for you but wanted to wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl~ I thought I was busy til I read this post, haha. You have got a lot going on, but sounds like a lot of fun stuff!

    I say definitely have a first song, if not a first dance, you could play it as you are introduced at the reception, or playing without words, in the background during toasts.


    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete