Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Guacamole, Jets and Drop 7

Hey there! It's a rare night that i'm home alone... G is working late so i figured i'd take a few to catch up on the weekend... most of it was pretty low key. i spent a good majority of it doing playing this:


See that? That's a new iPhone app i downloaded last week called Drop 7... and let me tell you, its addicting... its like, totally awesome! Try it out, its free!


Anyway, when i wasn't #obsessed with my new game, i was busy chowing down on some amazing guacamole at Juanitos, the local Zagat rated Mexican place in Howell. The food there is out of this world. I think G and i had a better time stuffing our faces than we did later that night! (Sorry if that was TMI!) They make the guac table-side and its so creamy and delicious, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. I got a beef enchilada and G got a shrimp burrito... we had a great time and can't wait to go back!



Sunday we headed to the Jets game with my dad and brother. It was a gorgeous day and G pulled some strings and got us into one of the Clubs... Now, since i've never even been to an NFL game before this year, i've obviously never been in the VIP clubs at the stadium... and boy was I missing out! They had full bars, sushi, gourmet pizza, filet mignon sandwiches... it wasn't free but the choices were SO much better than the regular concessions stand food... My dad was SO happy to be at the game and had such a good time. It was so sweet of G to invite my family and it really meant a lot to me that he embraces my family as his own now. For those of you who don't know, my dad broke his neck playing high school football and is a quadraplegic (think Christopher Reeves) so going to NFL games, things like that aren't very easy for him because my mom is always stressed of the crowds and the logistics in getting there. So for him to get to go to the game and enjoy himself was something that made me very happy to see. The bonus of the day was the big W the Jets pulled out from the Chargers! We were all pretty drunk happy by the time we left. Well my bro and G were, i was the responsible "adult" of the group. LOL.


All "Jetted" Out...


Anyway, that pretty much sums up the weekend... looking forward to the honeymoon this weekend and showing you G's hilarious halloween costume! We were supposed to debut it at L's housewarming party but G got stuck at work, so we didn't make it... sorry lis... :(


2 comments:

  1. Crap! I'm going to finish my guest post asap!

    Also, for some reason when I glanced at the tile...I read gumdrops. Wow, I need to catch up on sleep.

    The game sounds like it was a BLAST! I hope you're getting used to football! ;)

    Seriously, I laugh thinking about the picture you sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally going to download that app!! looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete