Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Why All the Hate?

Last night a new Miss America was crowned.

You guys, she's drop-dead gorgeous, super smart, and she happens to be Indian. The first Miss America ever of Indian descent.

And then, the twitterverse blew up and out came all the haters...

 seriously? This is America... full of people from EVERY race, color and creed.

 and these comments? just show how truly ignorant people are.
i mean, she is INDIAN... she isn't even from Iraq, Saudi Arabia, or any other terrorist country!

I could go on, and show you guys more offensive comments, but I'm pretty sure you get the point.
As an Asian-American, I am completely offended by all these people.

This was her response to the controversy surrounding her heritage:

“I have to rise above that,” said Davuluri. “I always viewed myself as first and foremost American.”
She said she is delighted she is that the nearly century-old pageant sees beauty and talent of all kinds.
“I’m so happy this organization has embraced diversity,” she said. “I’m thankful there are children watching at home who can finally relate to a new Miss America.” [source]

I applaud her for having such grace and dignity when there are SO many haters out there. I guess at the end of the day, I just don't understand why all the hate? This is a beautiful, well-accomplished, SMART young woman, who now has the avenue to help change the world. And people are fixated on the fact that she is Indian. It's such a shame that we live in a world where things like being a "Teen Mom" are ok, but having an Indian Miss America are not.


Miss America, you rock! And I really hope you can take all the negative and turn it into positive. I really hope you can show all these ignorant pieces of shit out there that we can rise above the hate.


4 comments:

  1. Wow. I can't believe people still talk like that....and on a public forum!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah. People are so uneducated, and rude. I can't believe some of those tweets. Clearly a LOT of people have self image issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are A-holes. Hands down, the end. It's sad. Really really sad. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I did not watch, but that breaks my hear to read...

    ReplyDelete